Project Manager (Landscape Architect or Civil Engineer), Lancaster
The RGS Project Manager (PM) is responsible for the technical design and implementation of RGS projects. Services are delivered both as an individual contributor as well as by effectively leading, managing, and coaching a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals and technicians. The PM relies heavily not just on technical expertise, but also on critical thinking and good management practices in performing these duties.
- Effectively interact with review agencies to facilitate the projects
- Deliver effective project presentations when appropriate in lieu of the Client Manager
- Correspond and coordinate with clients, sub-consultants, and municipalities on technical issues
- Maintain knowledge of existing and new regulations
- Review the technical aspects of designs of other team members
- Prepare CAD drawings
- Visit and evaluate sites
- Assist in the preparation of billing and invoices
- Assist the Client Manager in developing proposals
- Other duties as assigned
- BSLA, BLA or BSCE or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible design and management experience
- Registration or certification preferred
- Broad proficiency in all key areas of technical design and project management
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent customer service, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
Entry-Level to 5 year Civil Engineer, Lancaster and Harrisburg Offices
The RGS Civil Engineer is responsible for the analysis and design of grading plans, utility and stormwater systems and erosion and sedimentation control plans. The RGS Civil Engineer works as part of a project team.
- Ability to prepare NPDES permit packages including PCSM, E&S, and applications.
- Determine existing and proposed surface hydrology / stormwater hydrology for project sites.
- Stormwater management facility design, detailing, and routing hydraulics.
- A working knowledge of PA Code 102, 105, and Act 167.
- Ability to work independently and within a group.
Familiarity with the following programs:
- Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Hydraflow Hydrographs
- Hydraflow Storm Sewers
Project Landscape Architect, Lancaster
The RGS Project Landscape Architect is responsible for the conception and interpretation of subdivision and land development project designs and execution for assigned RGS client projects. The position is focused on providing full technical support through the entire project acting as a resource to the project manager.
Primary Skills/ Responsibilities
- Manages drawing development including detailing, quality control and overseeing design support staff
- Evaluates code compliance
- Independently prepares designs for site layouts, site grading, sanitary and water design, site stormwater conveyance, and site planting plans
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D software for project design
- Prepares reports, construction details, and cost opinions
- Performs calculations to support design as needed
- Familiarity with Stormwater design, NPDES permitting, and Erosion Control design
- Attends construction meetings and prepares field reports
- Works in a team setting helping to facilitate projects from inception to completion, and achieving project financial goals
- Serves as a mentor to junior staff members
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Registration preferred
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with clients, co-workers and approval agencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships
- Knowledge of sustainable principles and LEED accreditation a plus
RGS is always looking for new, energetic people to join our team. To apply submit your resume and work samples to email@example.com or click here to Apply Now.